Monday, September 23, 2019

cultural fest

On Monday my school’s kapa haka group went to the Kaikohe Cultural festivaL.
My learning was to stay strong, pukana, do awesome actions and make my mum proud.
I think I passed those because I stood my ground strong and proud, I did pukana the whole way, I did the actions properly and I know I made my mum proud because she came to me crying in delight.
I really enjoyed the part where I found my mum crying in delight, not just because I felt good in myself, also because I made her see that my love for her is unbreakable.
What I didn’t really enjoy though was knowing that we couldn’t watch the other schools, I know we watched them on Tuesday but I had high expectations that they would’ve done better. Because on Tuesday it was the practise rounds, so they wouldn’t of went that hard, but I know they would’ve done their all on the actual festival.
Here’s the performance if you want to watch it
cultural fest
I also made some mistakes along the way like at the end when we took a knee I nearly fell.

No comments:

Post a Comment